Faculty User Panel, UMW OER Summit, May 2016
Moderator: Nicole Finkbeiner, OpenStax
0:45 Introduction of Panelists
- Bob Rycroft – Economics, UMW
- Jenny Quarles – English, Longwood University & Germanna CC
- Shawn Shields – Chemistry, Germanna CC
- Donna Burge – Anatomy & Physiology, Lord Fairfax CC
- Tara Stamm – Sociology, VCU
- Linda Williams – Business Administration, Tidewater CC, (gives a short overview of the Z-Degree program)
9:05 How do you learn about new course materials relevant to your courses? How important are sales reps in this regard?
13:25 What are the top 3 most important things you look for when considering new course materials?
33:52 Do you or your colleagues face pressures when choosing course materials (which might make one reluctant to adopt OER)? What are those pressures and where do they come from?